Tuesday, February 26, 2008

all moved in!

Here we are at last! Our new apartment, the upper half of a 100-year old house is looking good. Still very messy of course, and full of boxes, but the kitchen and the internet are set up, which is all you really need to survive, of course. The apartment is sunny and has windows in every room, which means I get all the sunlight I want to nap in and I can have many, many more plants once everything is straightened out. The rooms are painted in mellow earth tones (beige, taupe, light yellow) which I'm loving and there's even an arched doorway like in the house I grew up in, about 5 blocks from here. Did I say there's a ton of sunlight? I love it. So far the only downside is that the smoke from our neighbors below seems to seep up through the vents a little, but a few minutes with the windows open seems to help that. Can't wait for spring!

Mom is coming to help me clean the old apartment out today. It's still ours until friday, so I have a few days to get it up to snuff. It's pretty gross right now. I applied at Breadsmith last week, and at Alpha Delights today, for those who are wondering about the job search. I'm crossing my fingers! Alpha Delights had a little section for me to go on about how much I like food so hopefully that will make a difference.

Ooh! We also ordered our washer/dryer yesterday and they'll be coming in late march. They're a good efficient set; actually they were on backorder. Consumer reports ranked them very highly; the washer is a Cambrio top loader (but without an agitator, it uses some other kind of technology) so it's still extrememly efficient compared to a standard washer. It was second only to a slightly smaller front-loading that didn't hold as large a load, so, I suspected I'd have to do more loads, thus negating some of its benefits. And we figured as long as we were at Best Buy and spending our tax return we might as well throw in Scrubs season 6. woot.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay for *finally* being all moved in!!

Your new house sounds beautiful - LOVE the natural light and earthy tones - not to mention a round door way!!!

BEAUTIFUL!

xxx

lindsay said...

Woot indeed! Take pictures! I liked your new apartment. I could move in if you guys want...

Katie said...

Linz you are the second person to offer to move in. I suppose that is good if we need some extra income! :)

CarbonDate said...

Kick ass. I want pics.

Nicole said...

miss youuuuuuuu


xxx

lindsay said...

your brother and i have requested pictures, which i have seen none of yet. pictures! pictures, i tell you!

CarbonDate said...

Move in? Do you have a spare bed or something? It'd be nice to be a little more centrally located in July for all the wedding stuff and everything.

Katie said...

We don't have a spare bed but we have a comfy couch you're certainly welcome to crash on. :)