Thursday, February 7, 2008

snack loaf

Erich has deemed the new small loaves of bread I've been making (not because they fail to rise or overrise but because I've been making tiny proto-artisan loaves c/o Robert) snack loaves as they are a perfect size for him to slice in half and make a samich out of. (They have been turning out slightly smaller than the loaves I had with you guys, Nat.) Hooray fro the snack loaf. Not to be confused with the much less entertaining snackwich.

I just spent 10 minutes crying after watching a West Wing episode where one of the main characters realizes her dad has severe alzheimer's and visits him to find his house in shambles. I really need to stop this habit of picturing my loved ones in situations depicted on tv. Seriously. I need to stop that.

I finished my first scarf! I am going to give it mom. The crochet knit is a bit too feminine for Erich. I've been considering making another with manly black yarn and some kind of macho knot, but I think I'll make a little blanket instead. :)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I cried watching "So you think you can dance - Australia" the other day! The guy was just so happy to achieve his goals and his family had sacraficed so much that well - I cried!!! haha - must stop feeling other peoples emotions!! ;)

CarbonDate said...

Yeah, that's a bad habit in our family. I think we get it from Mom.

lindsay said...

I cried watching this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=uT3b3cRYRjs

I couldn't help myself.

Katie said...

I can't figure out why he looks like he's going to cry the whole time.

lindsay said...

It's a moving experience, Katie! That's why!