Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Signs you've been trying to conceive for too long

You find yourself thinking "man that's good mucus". Wistfully. Because we're not trying this month.

All you temp-ers and NFP-ers know what I'm talking about. The rest of you think I'm weird, but I'm okay with that.

I've been gone for a long time. Normally I would have deleted my last couple entries and continued like they never happened, but I'm not going to do that. We lost the baby about a month after my last post. Three months later I got pregnant again and (again) lost the baby. So the last 7-8 months have been really hard.

But we're carrying on. Waiting a few more months before trying again. Enjoying old-school (read: non-hormonal) birth control and realizing why everybody else is on the pill. Doing a lot of yoga. Trying to enjoy the here and now.

and right now (taken from a few of my favorite blogs) I'm:

...listening to my husband tell me about how's he's sad the love of the main character of his most recent audiobook died. He's so cute.

...grateful that it rained today so I can't mow the lawn

...looking forward to my sister(in law's) wedding in a few days

...letting go of my irritation with a coworker

...vowing to get up early enough tomorrow to do a proper yoga practice before work

...laughing at myself because I know that I won't

...loving the handmade coffee mug I drank from this morning

...thinking happy uterus thoughts for Annie, Sara, & Jean. muah!

1 comment:

lindsay said...

yay wedding! and i love you!