Thursday, January 17, 2008

damali ayo

Thursday 1/24/08 damali ayo is speaking at Ripon college (7pm). We're driving down to see her after work (it's free and open to the public!) Anyone who wants to come, let me know!

Check her out! She's also listed on the side of my blog. I particularly like her work because she pushes me beyond the typical polite 'liberal white guilt'. She makes me say 'yes, I still have some learning to do and improvements to make'. She challenges me to rethink my preconceptions. I know that sounds trite, but that's because people usually say it when it's not true. This time it's true.

--------------------------------------

On a lighter note: I taught myself how to crochet last night. It's much easier than I expected! Of course, I probably shouldn't say too much until I actually finish a project-first Erich wants me to make him a scarf (isn't he cute?) and then I want to make an afghan. Can never have too many of those around. What can I say, I like creating things.

Does anyone know why small loosely linked blankets are called afghans?

2 comments:

lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

hmm?