Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tiny loaves of bread!

I'm heading out tomorrow! I bought some decent gloves since I expect to be outside quite a bit; I packed my bags; I bought some food to pack in a little cooler and take with me. I'll probably still buy dinner, but I want to be able to travel and work without worrying about going out for overpriced fast food. Fresh veg, apples, a tub o' almond butter and a loaf of mixed grain bread. The bread didn't rise well, so it's tiny, which is disappointing to me. I like big poofy loaves, but I suppose having squat loaves is good for my ego. Or something.

I made some granola to take with me, and left to rest for Erich, which he is currently eating with a big soup spoon (oats, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, almonds, and brown rice syrup/barley malt for sweetening). I like that he likes it so much. Also that he has to eat it with a big manly spoon instead of his fingers like the rest of us. :-P Hehe. I always intend to keep it as a breakfast cereal for the upcoming week but it never seems to last that long.

I'm looking forward to visiting my sister in law and my other friends in MN! Also to, you know, volunteering for a political leader that I think has the potential to change the direction of our country. Nothing big. :)

I'll be blogging about my experiences while I'm out (granted it's only a week, but I think it'll be a great time) and hopefully this will catapult me into my next adventure.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

good luck good luck good luck!

Have a great trip and stay safe!

xxx