Friday, February 15, 2008

bagel love

Success! I finally tried a bagel recipe I've had for several years. The first batch was a bit rough, but the second batch turned out beautifully. Turns out bagels are first poached for a minute, and then baked at 500 degrees for only 10-15 minutes to get that very thin, crispy crust. I bagged them up and brought them to Erich's office just in time for work. I'm really starting to want a camera so I can take pictures of these things...instead of being perfectly symmetrical like a commercially made bagel, they sort of have a chubby bulky side that loops around and links together.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

oh yum!!

I can imagine how great a warm home made bagel with cream cheese would be!!

But yes =) You need a camera!!

Any luck with the bakery jobs yet?

xx

Joy-filled Future said...

KT - the bagels were great! Very yummy and much, much better than any I've had before. BTW - thanks for including the FF cream cheese. You're my favorite!

lindsay said...

Mom's just kidding... I'm her favorite. But I'm sure the bagels were delicious. I love bagels and didn't realize they made whole wheat ones until just yesterday when I was at the store. Deliciousness is returning to my life! (I really don't know what that means.)

Katie said...

Yay! I'm glad people like them!