Thursday, December 11, 2008

Calling for all suggestions!

How do you get yourself hepped up for the day? Drink a boatload of coffee? Positive self-talk? Tape happy sayings to your mirror? Go in early to get done early? Chain smoke?

I'm at an interesting place right now career-wise. I have a decent job that I neither love nor hate with a good company I'm glad to work for. Lately I've been getting up an hour earlier than necessary to have some time to drink coffee and browse the web and get myself otherwise awake. I can't seem to get myself enthused, though. Not the end of the world, but it would help if I were.

So, I can't complain. But I am curious to know what you guys do in the morning, if anything.

And now I'm off. Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

Penny Pink said...

1. set your alarm for the same time every morning
2. go for a 30 minute power walk
3. shower
4. eat a decent breakfast (poached eggs on grainy toast with spinach or smoked salmon or avocado, washed down with juice)
5. munch on some vitamins
6. get a coffee into you (but i prefer to do this at work and have a good 2 shots)
7. listen to loud music on the way to work - either in the car or on your ipod
8. jump up and down on the spot

Nicole said...

Definately a shower as soon as I get up!!!! Then I just have my toast, grab my lunch, and jump in the car!! Tea is at work and then I'm ready for the day!

Though I've recently considered sticking a phrase to the mirror - just not sure if I'd get used to it and ignore it...

Katie said...

thanks guys! Penny, that breakfast sounds delish!

lindsay said...

I always peruse my email and my google reader after waking up... otherwise i feel out of it!

Ben said...

This is how I do breakfast every day, I have been reading a lot about dietary habits in France and the "French Paradox" (Why french people eat like pigs and still stay slim) The below combination seems to get me going pretty well:

Croissant (a real one, none of this pillsbury corn syrup-preservative-synthetic butter flavor crap)

FRENCH ROAST or ESPRESSO, I'm especially digging on french roast, I make it double strong, tastes like burning tires and demon rage, but it peps you up like white trash on crystal meth.

Yogurt - mmm yoplait Key Lime Pie flavor.

DRUM N' BASS MUSIC AT 120db - di.fm's drumn n' bass station gets me rolling. My neighbors probably think there is some kind of explosive demolition or live fire military exercises going on in my house in the morning. I work at home so as you can imagine its hard to stay motivated and focused, but wicked fast beats keep my mind occupied.