Thursday, July 1, 2010

My favorite way to wake up in the morning is to peruse some lovely blogs and slowly drink a carafe of coffee. I haven't done this is for a long time, opting instead to gulp down some espresso and run out of the house. All my favorite blogs are basically hippie mom blogs who write about their adorable and (of course) incredibly brilliant children and all the cool hippie mom stuff they like to do. Trying to crochet a little hat was fun before, it seemed preparatory for all the joy that was yet to come. Now it just seems sad. Needless to say that 2 minutes alone with one of these now is enough to trash my mood, and my friends have been set aside along with what Erich calls 'The Baby Channel' (TLC and DISNEY) from which I have been strictly banned from watching.

I also learned the hard way that doing the random "next blog" dealie is also a bad idea. So that's out. Which leaves me reliant on links from blogs of people I already know. I went through a number today and found some really great, insightful, progressive, inquisitive blogs. I enjoy reading them, and then go back to my blog to talk about something banal safe. Not for lack of mental capacity, but lack of stamina. The issues of the day are so important, but I can't seem to find room for them in my brain anymore. Heartbreak is an inconsiderate and greedy resident. I wonder if this is why so many people are so disconnected.

No comments: