Thursday, December 18, 2008

Just an okay day

Today was an okay day. Woke up, drank weak coffee made with my broken french press (i.e. pouring loose coffee through the wrong end of a french press filter directly into my mug). Watered my sister in law's plant that did not take a trip across the state well. Logged onto facebook for the first time in months. Let my husband feel me up before work. Contemplated calling in sick to enjoy said feeling-up. Went to work instead. Got a bunch of shit done. (Despite feeling lousy. I'm looking at you, shiraz.) Got a cookie jar from my secret santa that is adorable. Skimped on the $3.00 donation for the taco bar (only gave $2.00. fuck, I donated extra last time. And yes, I'm copping attitude at a charity potluck). Appreciated my new boss for a few minutes when she made me laugh. Wrote yet another letter I know will be ignored to some fuck who bounced a check. Ate a christmas cookie. Stole some tortillas from work (not really stealing, but everyone acts like potluck leftovers are beneath them, so I take things home in stealth). Was grateful that not snowing today = not shoveling today. Acknowledged that my carnival squash is rotting, but neglected to throw it out. Wondered how long it will sit on the table before it starts to smell. Wrote some kind of stream-of-consciousness prose in my blog but was careful to tend to grammar and punctuation, as is my compulsion. Except for the sentence fragments. I happen to be fond of them. And as Lindsay likes to say: Bacher out.

Who the fuck is Bacher? Seriously. That's not my name. It's just what I go by now because I'm married.

4 comments:

lindsay said...

haha this made me laugh! i say bacher out like liz lemon in 30 rock says "lemon out!" 'cause i'm only partially in love with tina fey. ok, completely.

Nicole said...

hehe gold! So really - how long do you think it takes before that squash starts smelling?

I'm guessing 4 days!?

Joy-filled Future said...

KT - thanks for the laugh. And I like your sentence fragments. And I like that you are a Bacher.

Ma Bacher out.

Katie said...

Still not stinky! I think the key is keeping it dry?