Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Yearning.

I'm having one of my yearnings. I miss the Twin Cities. Every so often I get like this. I half-heartedly try to convince Erich to move out there and try to think about what it'd be like if I went back to school or even just got a job there doing something similar to what I am now. Only it'd be there instead of here.

It's funny. I have this job that I'm fairly good at. At least I hit the ground running in this new position. I'll probably become better at it in the next year. I take pride in it, but I have somehow managed to mentally compartmentalize it into simply something I'm doing right now. I mentally commit each day, but somehow, it still feels like I'm just filling in until I figure out what I'm really going to do. Even though I could also see myself working for this company for many many years. I suppose I probably will. We have a mutually respectful relationship, I'm treated well, valued, and I work hard to do a good job. Most people only dream of a job like that.

But there's still always that something.

On the other hand, I couldn't ask for a better situation for when I want to have kids. I know that I can go back full or part-time without a problem. I know that my superiors genuinely care about me, not just what I can do for them. And there aren't any stairs (stairs fuck with my knees). I know, I'm an old lady.

I think it's time for a visit.

No comments: