Wednesday, July 14, 2010

pilates

Yesterday for teacher training we went to a pilates class to see the teaching style of the other chick I'm training with. She's already been teaching for several years. I loved it! I got a great workout without feeling like I was totally exhausted afterwards.

Through my very very very basic study of anatomy I have realized in the last couple weeks that I really need to start strengthening my abs if I want to strengthen my back and decrease my back pain in the long run. Posture and alignment were first, now muscle strength and toning. Enter pilates. I have tended to avoid pilates classes because they are so hard! Because I have no ab strength. See how this works?

So, it is core yoga or pilates once a week from here out. Mary Kay (my teacher) has a wicked core yoga class wednesday nights that works my butt off. This should be a good start.

1 comment:

lindsay said...

I'm with you on that one - I think my posture would be better if my core was stronger.