Sunday, July 18, 2010

the wolf river

Rafting was awesome! It totally makes up for the fact that I am terrible at skiing. We went down the Wolf River yesterday at Big Smokey Falls.

I don't have any pictures because I didn't bring a camera on the raft. Good thing, because it would have been gone. After the second or third rapid Erich (sitting behind me) says, 'look sweetie' and I glance to my right just in time to see our turkey sandwhiches floating down the river. Then my apple, and my water canteen. Jerky sticks abound inside our raft. They had been tucked away in a cooler than didn't stay closed well. I thought it might be a problem but it was all we had to use in the house. Lunch down!

Fortunately, however, our friends shared their food with us and I managed to keep myself inside the raft, despite my slowly deflating seat (I discovered a leak roughly the same time I waved goodbye to my lunch.) Don't worry, it was localized to my seat. This meant, however, that I was practically squatting towards the end. No matter, though, it was still so much fun!

Also Erich jumped off a cliff at a calm swimming area, but I couldn't find a picture of it. Aieee. He's good, but I don't want him to do it again. Which of course means he insists on doing it again. Next trip: only bring things we can strap down, and some kind of waterproof camera because the view is too good to pass up.

Wordpress will be posting photos from this weekend in the next week. Tell me is you see us!

Puppy update: Nina is gone! She's been scooped up, I assume, by some loving family moving faster than us. Bye Nina!

Mom recommends a german shorthair. Look at those paws!

No comments: