Sunday, December 5, 2010

Day 5



Okay, so I didn't take this picture today, but I thought it'd be fitting, since I am (almost) officially done with my training. We had our practicum today - 4 hours! I just have to finish my take-home test and then we are done! I can't wait to get back to my personal practice, and use all the knowledge I've gained. I still enjoy teaching my tuesday morning classes, but unfortunately I just don't think I can do any more than that right now. Maybe someday down the road I could transition to more, but right now I need to keep my full-time job at the pharmacy.

Right now its relaxation time and laundry. We are watching an anime that Erich likes about some girl who charms animals in a post-apocolyptic world. Or something. Interestingly when I typed "anime" blogger suggested I change it to "anise" or "amine". Really? You have "amine" but not "anime"? I only know amine from chemistry class back in college. Does it have another meaning I don't know about?

Anyways, looking forward to starting the Christmas season...I have an idea for gifts this year but I still have to see if it'll work. Also looking forward to putting up the tree. I still enjoy this stuff, probably because I usually don't get around to it until a few weeks before Christmas, so its not dragging out for me like it does for some people. I hope I never start to view Christmas as some inconvenient chore! Whether you celebrate religiously or culturally, it is a time for family and renewal. If it's not fun, then why do it?

Winter Solstice is Dec 21 this year, I believe. Thinking about doing something small for that this year. There is an evening practice at the yoga studio, for one thing. But I'd like to start building our own family traditions. I think this will probably take more shape once we have children to involve in these things. But maybe for now it will just be as simple as an evergreen arrangement or a wreath or something. We'll see.

No comments: